Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Do these pants make me look fat?

So, our school newspaper wrote an interesting article on leggings. I'm about to go on my own little fashion rant. *clears throat*.


Rule #1:
LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS.

Leggings are leggings; they are not pants. If they were, they'd be called pants. I don't know who decided sausage-linked-camel-toe was attractive, but they were obviously moronic or under the influence of some illegal drug. I've seen some frightening attempts at leggings. I've seen feet that are losing blood because their leggings are so tight that they have no circulation through the rest of their legs whatsoever. I have seen girls who, again, are trying to fit into a pair of leggings that are far too small for them, and the butt seam looks like it's about to burst, and I'm frankly frightened for them.

Yes, leggings done properly under a dress or skirt can be cute. But, please, make sure your butt and your whoo-haa are covered. Camel toe and saggy crotch are common occurance with leggings, and it's not attractive.

Also, you make think they're sliming and hold all your fat together. This is only true for the thick, yoga-pant-y, black leggings (sometimes). Not for skin tight, translucent, patterned ones. You just look like you probably came from the corner, and I can see every little bit of your cellulite, thank you. Your legs can easily look like sausage stuffed into too-tight casing. Sausage is yummy and all, but I'm pretty sure men aren't going to fawn over you if your legs look too much like them. Sorry.

If you're going to go for leggings (which I'm going to do tomorrow!), pick a nice neutral color, such as: black, gray, brown, or navy. Pair them with a dress or skirt; anything that covers your nether regions well, and voila! Instant cute.

BUT THEY ARE NOT PANTS.

2. IF YOU ARE A SIZE 10, DO NOT TRY TO FIT INTO SIZE 4 CLOTHING.

I realize I used to have this specific problem. Yes, I know. In the past two years, I've gone from a 6 to a 12, back to an 8 or 10. Not my fault. Butttt, I've learned to dress properly.

Walking around campus, I see a lot of girls with love handles and food babies just kinda hanging out. Ew. Gross. All for the sake of their size 4 Express jeans. First of all, there is no reason to spend $80 on jeans. Granted, I do have a pair of Express jeans. I paid $30. Savvy. But, buy jeans that fit!!! They should be big enough that you don't need to rub Vasoline on your thighs to get them on. They should also be small enough that your buttcrack isn't hanging out. And ladies, buttcrack is NEVER attractive. It makes me think of the stereotypical plummer. Eew. Gross. Thank you.

Moral? If you wear clothes that -fit-, your friends won't be asking you the last time you had your period and when you're due. None of our bodies are perfect, and we should embrace that, but appearance is important people!

3. HAVING YOUR BOOBS AND YOUR BUTT HANGING OUT; NOT COOL.

So, a lot of girls complain that guy's want them for merely one thing: sex. Well, evaluate yourself;

Do you -look- like that's all you want?

Yeah. Doesn't surprise me.

Sure, there's that saying, if you've got it, flaunt it. But tastefully, please! Even guys don't want to really worry all the time if your boob is going to fall out of your bra that is showing because your top is so low, or if your pants are going to rip if you bend over.

I'm sure to men, it's attractive in a way. But to most of them, at least most that I know, they think it's trashy, and that you're out for sex and nothing more.

I'm not saying to dress like your grandmother. I'm saying not to look like a Playboy bunny, unless that is your ambition.


4. SHUTTERSHADES.

Or whatever they're called.

THEY'RE UGLY.

And, not to mention, they serve no purpose!!!

They do not block out the sun, and it's not like you can even see out of them.

I'm sure someone finds them cool.

But I'm sure there are people out there who think you look like a moron with them on too. :]




Please. Think about what you wear.

Kthnks.

{ 2 lovely Comments! }

Sha-Ray said...

Haha.
I'm sorry my buttcrack always shows. But my pants -do- fit. *shrugh*

Amanda said...

It's okay. You just have an abnormally high buttcrack and a boyfriend who likes to try and pants you in front of me.