Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sunburns and Maggie Moo's: A Weekend Overview

Let me just say that my cousin's kid Nathan is hilarious. He is probably my favorite 5-year-old on the planet. The kid plays SNES games with me. He's ecstatic about my Aladdin game. Plays it constantly. Last week, he was playing, and he stopped for a minute. He sat on my lap and kissed me, and said "I bet I've never done that to you before." I about peed my pants with laughter, and thanked him for the kiss. He said "It's cuz I like you. You're funny like Mommy."

We play Candy Land every so often, which is his favorite game. He really likes to watch me play Zelda on the Wii though. He asks tons of questions, and tells me what he wants me to do.

Yesterday, I was sitting on the couch watching Spongebob and he curled up right next to me. He laid his head on my chest and hugged me and watched a whole episode like that.

Krissy affectionately calls him her "snugglebug."

I think we should teach little boys to be a little more affectionate. It doesn't make him a pansy. He likes boy things and plays with boy toys. But I think he's going to grow up to really know how to treat a girl right. And he's pretty honest about his feelings, which, for a boy is pretty cool, I must admit. He's the kind of kid that makes me want to have kids.

Kylie is Nathan's age. And the complete opposite. This is the girliest girl I know. she constantly has on a leotard and a tutu. One of the first things I saw her do was flip her hair and giggle. She had on sticker nails this week and was totally enthralled. Yesterday, she sat next to Nathan and said, "Nathan, do you love me? Do you think I'm beauuutiful?"

Needless to say, Nathan ignored her.

The girl is adorable (she has the most gorgeous hair I have ever seen on a kid), but she really knows how to get under your skin. She has an obsession with my jewlery and sits on my lap every single day to examine what I have on, even if I wore the same thing yesterday. She will ask the same question 50 times, and will always ask for ice cream when her parents just told her no. She is going to be a handful as a teenager, I know that already.

Landon is 2. He is like a monkey-man. He has feet that he is still too large for, and trips over regularly. He confidently says my name is "Pia", and gives me a kiss every night before bed. He loves hummus, and to play a Hi-five game I know. When he wants to play, he climbs up on my lap, smiles, and says "Up high, down low?", which sounds more like "Pie dawn woe?" I barely understand a word he says, (besides Pia!) but, somehow I usually understand what he wants.

We played Mario Kart this weekend on the Wii. You will never find someone who is worse than I am. Seriously. I'm an awesome driver. But I try to drive a Mario Kart like a car...doesn't go too well. My uncle kicked my @$$.

I'm also becoming one of those History Channel/ Discovery Channel/ National Geographic Channel dorks. I like Deadliest Catch, and I looove to watch Pawn Stars. American Pickers is decent too. My aunt has warned me about Uncle Jerry's terrible TV shows, but most aren't too bad. Though I have gotten stuck watching several hours of Nick Jr., and I'd rather have diarrhea than watch the acid trip that is Yo Gabba Gabba again. I will probably be psychoanalyzing those children that watch that show in 20 years. But seriously. I love me some Pawn Stars. My new roommate (whoever they might be) may hate me.I know I hated watching Ghost Whisperer and TCM all the time. Or those real housewives things. If you like it, good for you. But I think it's crappy TV. Just my opinion.

Krissy and I sat out at the pool on Saturday. The Tennessee sunn is nothing like the Ohio sun. In the summers, I usually sit out all day long before I'm toasty. In 2 hours, I got the burn of my life, despite the SPF 50.

Now, you ask, why didn't I get out of the sun? Well, that's because I wasn't burned then. About four hours and some Chinese food later, we were shopping when I realized my stomach itched. I knew that I was probably developing a burn, but didn't check it for another hour until I was trying on clothes at "Gap's retarded cousin" (Old Navy).

Let's just say that it was a good thing I have Sundays off, because I couldn't move.

I'm pleasantly tan now, but my skin is still kind of painful and crunchy.

We then went to Maggie Moo's for some ice cream, and I'm fairly certain that it was the best I had ever tasted. Red velvet? Blueberry muffin? You bet. I sampled probably five flavors. I went with some dark chocolate with fudge brownies. It was fantastic. Got it on my white shorts (never fails...) but it was totally worth it. They have ice cream cupcakes. That is my next goal next time I'm in Jackson. (Besides the Victoria's Secret Semi-Annual sale of course!)

Tomorrow is housework day! Going to do a bazillion loads of laundry (by that, I probably mean three. Lights. Darks. Towels. Sha'zam.) Clean my room, my bathroom, and try to at least get the kitchen clean for my aunt.

Ahh, it felt good to blog about good things :]

{ 3 lovely Comments! }

iheartbowheads.blogspot.com said...

kids say the funniest things! Glad you are doing well. :)

Sha-Ray said...

You didn't quote me!! I call Old Navy "Gap's retarded cousin" Meeeeee! Haha. Oh yeah. I got Gap shorts. For cheaper than the shorts at Old Navy. I love Sally. :)

Amanda said...

I thought I did. Well, poop-in-a-scoop. I shall edit that.
Because I even thought "that's what Sha-Ray calls Old Navy. So, I shall give credit."