Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Price of Beauty

So, at the beginning of this month, Sassysharay and I were at Crocker Park in Westlake.

Crap went down, and I fought with someone I really cared about. And talked to him for the last time.

Was kinda torn up about it. No lies.

So, she suggested we go get our nails done. I said sure; I had never gotten my nails done before, and I figured that it would soothe me a little.

I'm never getting fake nails again.

First of all, the lady who did my nails (Although she did a -fantastic- job) was not a very nice lady. She made no pleasant conversation with me, and all she really did was complain about how skinny my nail beds are. First of all, I'm paying you $35 for this; you could at least be pleasant with me. Secondly, if you don't like my nail beds, don't do my nails.

She busted three of my cuticles. Three. They bled, and it hurt like hell. Did I get an apology? Nope.

I will say that my nails lasted almost a full month.

I tried to take them off today.

I got my thumb nail and half my pointer finger. When my thumbnail came off, a slew of cursewords were released from my mouth that no respectable person would say in front of their mother. I'd have rather vomited or sliced my hand open. It hurt -that- bad.

Needless to say, I'm not touching them again until I get my hands on some pure acetone. Nail polish remover with acetone does not cut it. As soon as it dries, your nails are back to what they were before. So no matter how long you soak them, it just makes it easier for you to lift it up. Which of course, damages your nails even more than they are already.

So, when my anger subsided, I thought about how much pain women go through to look good.

I don't do much, but I never have been one to care too much. But seriously. Ever get your eyebrows waxed? That hurts like no other until you get used to it. Even after, you still kinda squeel. Nair? i tried that once and it burned. I had chemical burns on my skin. Couldn't wear pants. Remember prom updos? Once I pulled 203 bobby pins out of my hair. Just to name a few things.

We women should really get more credit for what we go through to look nice for our men. The least they could do is put on a button up shirt, eh?

1 Comments:

aladdinsane12 said...

203 bobby pins? that's dedication! and yes, guys TOTALLY have it easy.